RE: [h-e-w] cygwin supbrocess startup directory

From: Scott, Steven
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] cygwin supbrocess startup directory
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:56:39 -0800

Jonathan,

>From what I can tell, cygwin was in fact reading an old .bashrc in my c:/
directory (which emacs thinks is HOME) instead of the .bashrc in my cygwin
HOME directory (where HOME is set by /etc/profile).  I took out the lines
CD'ing to my home directory in c:/.bashrc and the world was fine again.

BASH_ENV is certainly a more elegant solution than maintaining two .bashrc
files.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I also use miktex, which has worked
very well for me.

I really appreciate the response from you, and from Robin(address@hidden).  I'd
been working on this problem for weeks!  Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Steve