Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region

From: Daniel Hegyi
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cua-mode and comment-region
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:06:07 +0000

My problem is not just the comment-region. When I type M-x describe-key and press C-x C-l it tells me that this keybinding runs the command downcase-region. When I do it on a selected region, however, it cuts the selection and recenters the screen, even if I hit the keys very quickly.

Has anybody experienced similar problems?

Daniel

Look at the documentation in cua.el:
;; If you really need to perform a command which starts with one of
;; the prefix keys even when the region is active, you have three options:
;; - press the prefix key twice very quickly (within 0.2 seconds),
;; - press the prefix key and the following key within 0.2 seconds), or
;; - use the SHIFT key with the prefix key, i.e. C-X or C-C
;;
;; This behaviour is controlled via the CUA-mode-inhibit-method and
;; CUA-mode-inhibit-delay variables.

There are some other goodies (especially the rectangular support,
started with shift+enter)

So cua.el is worth a look to find out more about cua.el

--
Stefan.