Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs & CLISP

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs & CLISP
Date: 22 Feb 2002 21:27:35 +0000

"Sivaram Neelakantan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> How do i get Emacs to work with clisp that i downloaded from
> sourceforge?

See the function `inferior-lisp'. I am not sure if it works with that
particular implementation of lisp, but I think it is quite generic for
running lisp interpretors as subprocesses of Emacs.

> Lastly is it posible to learn lisp on emacs without clisp? I mean, how
> different would it be?

I have only ever used elisp, but my understanding is that there are a
number of major differences between elisp and Common Lisp, which would
be the preferred dialect for general (non-Emacs) use.

But if you just want to learn lisp for curiosity rather than for
serious use, elisp is probably easier to learn due to ielm, edebug and
other support within Emacs. Download the elisp manual from ftp.gnu.org
if you haven't already.

--
Jason Rumney