RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?

From: Tuomas Salo
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:52:13 +0200 (EET)

Hello,

thanks for the answers on this subject. But since I found no good
solutions, I tried to "fix" the source code myself. Here's a patch to 21.1
that should make Alt+[A-Z] and Alt-Space open the menu while leaving other
Alt combinations alone. Alt-F will open eg. the File menu even if the 'F'
letter isn't underlined.

The patch makes any other Alt+[A-Z] or Alt-Space key bindings unusable.
Additionally it might screw up something else (I guess there is a reason
for the WM_SYSCHAR case...) and even make your Emacs unstable (the nesting
level thing seems nasty).

If you try the patch, please let me know if it worked for you. I'll start
really using my new binary tomorrow. I'll tell if something surprising
comes up.

Tuomas