RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?

From: Tuomas Salo
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] How to use the menubar with keyboard?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:10:39 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Underwood, Jonathan wrote:

> Not sure if anyone has suggested this but, doesn't placing the following in
> your .emacs file do exactly what you want?
>
> (setq w32-pass-alt-to-system t)

Jonathan,

that line enables tapping the Alt key (down and up) and then pushing eg. F
for the file menu. It doesn't make it possible to press Alt-F as in any
other Windows program.

BTW, I consider the "tapping feature" in standard Windows programs quite
irritating: sometimes I might accidentally tap Alt and then (maybe some
time later) try to keep writing without noticing that the focus is in the
menu bar.

My patch doesn't seem to affect this tapping feature.

Tuomas