Re: [h-e-w] font-lock in fundamental-mode

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] font-lock in fundamental-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:37:40 -0500

Thanks.  Sorry about that I was hooked on looking for a hook and ignored the
obvious.  How about turning on font-lock for diary in my .emacs?  Or
alternatively, for fundamental-mode?  It doesn't appear that
fundamental-mode exposes any hooks?  Would I add something to a diary hook?
Either diary-display-hook or diary-hook?

I tried:

(add-hook 'diary-display-hook
          (function
           (lambda ()
             (font-lock-mode t))))

and

(add-hook 'diary-hook
          (function
           (lambda ()
             (font-lock-mode t))))

But those didn't work.  (Although turning on font-lock-mode manually works
fine.)  Any ideas will be tried.
TIA,

Jeff