[h-e-w] XEmacs' dialog.el or similar available for GNU Emacs?

From: Tuomas Salo
Subject: [h-e-w] XEmacs' dialog.el or similar available for GNU Emacs?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:57:40 +0200 (EET)

Hello,

I found a nice package in XEmacs: dialog.el. Amongst other things, it can
open a popup window for searching/replacing.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make dialog.el work with GNU Emacs or if
there are some other similar extensions available. The minibuffer
interface for searching and replacing is hard to use for some people,
including me.

Any ideas?

Tuomas