Re: [h-e-w] "Ctrl" key wears out long before remaining keys

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] "Ctrl" key wears out long before remaining keys
Date: 19 Mar 2002 11:30:47 -0500

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Replace the keyboard, and from the sounds of your
> experience, learn to type with less force.

I dont' think it's the force, I think it's the frequency.
I'm a touch typist.  I think that I press the key off
center, and it's a repetative stress syndrome.  The "ESC"
key is doing much better, probably since it's smaller.  I
have to press it on it's center.  The "SHIFT" and "RETURN"
keys are also wide, like the "CTRL", but they've got extra
springs to help them stay centered.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!