RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer

From: Horsley Tom
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:15:55 -0500

> I do not agree with his suggestion that new features be
> turned off by default.

I have always wanted each release of emacs to come with
something like a backward.el file that contains the
lisp customizations I need to make the default behavior
of this release of emacs be exactly like the previous
release.

That way you could turn all the new features on by
default, and when I find one I hate (which is usually
most of them :-), I could cut&paste the appropriate
bit of backward.el into my .emacs file.

As it is now, I have to spend hours tracking down
how to turn off the hateful features.