RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:07:00 -0500 (EST)

> "moving the mouse" is not a satisfactory solution

It is not a satisfactory solution.  The specific example that led me to the
functions I posted is this: I copied a file from floppy to hard disk using
dired.  The mouse was on the modeline so it wouldn't be in the way of what I
was reading.  emacs queried me about overwriting.  I didn't see the query
because
the modeline echo hid it.  I continued a before and much later disovered the
file hadn't been copied.

To me the modeline echo is dangerous because it interferes with queries and
two-way communication.

Rich