Re: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Annoying message in mini-buffer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:35:11 -0500 (EST)

(setq show-help-function 'null)
is good.

The reason I wrote the more elaborate proposal is that this is the only one
of the three echos that had a variable.  I defined  dired-help-echo adn
buffer-menu-help-echo because they were not already variables.  Since I
discovered the dired echo first I addressed it and then copied my solution
to the others.

If 21.3 adopts variables for all three (any any other simliar echos) then
that satisfies my needs for user control.  Please add the information on how
to adjust the variables to the doc string for the corresponding functions.

Rich