[h-e-w] [Gnus] IMAP and AUTH=NTLM

From: Bernd Wolter
Subject: [h-e-w] [Gnus] IMAP and AUTH=NTLM
Date: 21 Mar 2002 21:40:48 +0100

Hi group,

does anybody have any experience with Gnus (5.9) authenticating against an
IMAP server (imap4 rev2) that has AUTH=NTLM?

>From googling I gathered that NTLM is Bill's idea of gargling your
login-password for the use with remote servers. I've even seen
descriptions where someone cut'n'pasted a huge munched string into a
telnet window - where do you find that information, or can you somehow
generate it on the fly?

But I'd rather just use emacs/gnus and perferably with the password in
.authinfo.

System info:

NT4 SP6
Imap4 rev2