[h-e-w] Side-by-side file differences util?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [h-e-w] Side-by-side file differences util?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:25:24 -0500

Has anyone implemented a side-by-side file differences utility in emacs? By this I mean I'd like two adjacent frames, side-by-side, with file A in the left frame and file B in the right. Differences between the two files would be highlighted, and there would be some way to jump to the next/prev difference, make the left look like the right or vice versa, etc.

Emacs seems like the natural environment for such a thing. I can't seem to find a good one for Windows at all, but having it in emacs seems like an added bonus.

Thanks,

-pd

--------
                             Peter Davis
               Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
               "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
           Resources for children's writers & illustrators:
                  http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html