Re: [h-e-w] Side-by-side file differences util?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Side-by-side file differences util?
Date: 22 Mar 2002 19:44:14 +0000

Bill Pringlemeir <address@hidden> writes:

> In regards to Emacs 21.2.1, I have found that the separate ediff
> window messes up the under-lying main Emacs window.  It looks like
> this is some sort of display bug.  Quickly hitting space to jump
> between several files and the main emacs window gets a `residual'
> ghost image of the smaller ediff window.  Is this problem known?

This sounds like a known problem (with previous versions as
well). Normally the ediff control frame is not over the top of the
main frame, so it is not normally visible.  I came up with a fix for
this in one of the pretest versions, but for some reason it caused
problems with cursor display, so I had to back it out before 21.2 was
released. For some reason the CVS head does not have the cursor
problems, so this should be fixed in the next new-features release
(probably 21.3).

--
Jason Rumney