Re: [h-e-w] Win 2000 + "Spanish" keyboards

From: Robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Win 2000 + "Spanish" keyboards
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:06:03 EST

In a message dated 4/2/2002 7:49:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, address@hidden writes:

I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I've searched google and read the NT faq and
I honestly can't find a solution.

I have emacs installed on Win2000, on a computer with a "spanish" keyboard
(I'm in S. America - Chile).  Although Win2000 works fine, typing in emacs
(apart from alphanumeric characters) doesn't match the keys.

Obviously I can't fiddle with X-windows (which seems to be the normal way to
solve this problem), this being MS Win2000, and I seem to have tried all the
Mule options I can find without any of them making a difference.

Please, I need a solution - I spent the day writing code in WordPad!

Ouch!  Try the following site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/input/w2kscan-map.asp
  I found this useful for replacing CapsLock with Cntrl.
  I'm not familiar with the Spanish keyboard.  You may have your work cut out for you.    If you come up with something useful please report back to the list.