RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: Sprenger, Karel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:31:38 +0200

Hi,

To open files in a running instance of emacs, you definitely need
gnuserv/gnuclient as runemacs is intended (or so I believe) to just start
emacs.  If you follow the instructions I mailed earlier you will be one happy
user.  Under Windows98 and the like, it might be worthwile to have a peek in
the registry after setting up the file associations.  I noticed that setting
file associations through Explorer's Options will force a %1 without quotes on
the command line entered.  With regedit you can change that to the format I
mailed, and you should be OK.  As I don't have a Windows98 machine around
anymore I can't check this, so comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
Karel