Re: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:18:01 +0100

> John McCabe wrote:
>
>  > I know - I know - I know! I am aware of all of this, but that's not
>  > the issue - the issue was that on 2 machines (one Win2k, one Win95), >
>  when I "sendto" runemacs with multiple files selected, *one* instance > of
>  Emacs is created with all the files loaded, whereas on another > machine
>  (Win98), each file is loaded into a separate instance!
>
> What happens when you do
>
>       > runemacs file1 file2
>
> on each machine?

You know, this is really odd - I tried that on my Win2k machine this
morning as an experiment, then both you and Francis have suggested it!

On the Win2k machine a single instance is created with both files loaded.
On the Win95 machine .... ditto ....
I'll try the Win98 machine this evening.

Best Regards
John McCabe