Re: [h-e-w] OFF TOPIC! - Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: Chris Lott
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] OFF TOPIC! - Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:45:05 -0800

> The tone of your response isn't appreciated. Many others have been very
> helpful on the list, and it doesn't exaclty take a lot of effort just to
> ignore messages that come in from it - I certainly do so on a lot of
> occasions.

No reason to fight here folks. I do think that installing Gnuserv/Gnuclient
probably WOULD fix this problem... but you are right that it would only be a
fix for emacs. Still, considering that it is a small, popular, trouble free
(in my experience and that of many others) utility, maybe it would be worth
your time to install it UNTIL you figure out the rest of the problem?

I don't know about you, but my time-- even away from work-- is far too
valuable to spend so much time on this kind of issue. So, for me the
simplest solution (installing Gnuserv) is the best.

And since Emacs is the king of environments, once you have it working, you
never need to worry about whether multiple associations work or not, since
you should never leave emacs anyway :)

Let the list know if you ever get it straightened out... I don't run any
windows 98 anymore (killed the last laptop on my organization with it a few
weeks ago) so I can't help much.