Re: [h-e-w] UWIN ksh and emacs 21

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] UWIN ksh and emacs 21
Date: 08 May 2002 09:01:56 -0400

"Underwood, Jonathan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yep, this is an an age old problem with Uwin that noone has yet gotten
> around. I spent a lot of time, but there's no obvious way of doing it short
> of rewriting shell.el and comint.el. I think the reason that noone has
> attempted a fix is the far superior and more highly maintained cygwin "unix
> for windows" which integrates brilliantly with emacs, and gives you a bash
> shell and a whole host of unix apps and utilities. point your browser at
> www.cygwin.com.

I, too, am having an internal debate over whether to go with ksh or
bash.  I have used ksh since my AT&T days (even as a beta tester for
ksh), but would rather not introduce another unix-on-dos platform to
the cygwin tools already installed.  As much as I love the Korn shell,
I detest system administration.  But, even with casual usage, I've
noticed that they're different.

Does anyone have a pointer to a ksh-bash comparison, or a "bash for
ksh users" tutorial?

Thanks,
Michael

--