RE: [h-e-w] ClearType in Windows XP: Dirty Cursor

From: Bill Baker
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] ClearType in Windows XP: Dirty Cursor
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:34:09 -0500

Thanks for the responses!

I prefer to leave ClearType enabled, since it make such a big difference in
readability on an LCD.  However, I believe the problem (just eyeballing it)
is that the cursor is drawn with a border outside of the current character's
border.  If it were restricted to the space that the currently selected
character occupies, I think the worse of the two problems would be
eliminated.

So I tried compiling Emacs for myself, from CVS, using Microsoft 6.0
compilers, and came up with this problem after about 650 lines of
compilation output:

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Sandbox\emacs\src/obj-spd/i386/temacs.exe"'
: return code '0xffffffff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I won't worry too much, since I already have precompiled Emacs working fine,
but I wonder if it's something obvious.

- Bill