Re: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question

From: Paul Whitfield
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:37:26 +0800

Underwood, Jonathan wrote:
From the Cygwin FAQ (www.cygwin.com):

;; This assumes that Cygwin is installed in C:\cygwin (the
        ;; default) and that C:\cygwin\bin is not already in your
        ;; Windows Path (it generally should not be).
        ;;

This is a strange comment... I always have cygwin in my
path... otherwise I don't get to use ls, find, etc etc
from the command prompt.

One think I find is that If I every run emacs (well actually
gnuclientw.exe) from the bash prompt it does weird things
to my environment. The cygwin environment screws up my
normal emacs environment.

Does anyone have a work arround for this?
Currently my only solution is to never run emacs from
bash... which is a pain since I you cygwin based development
tools.

Paul