[h-e-w] Re: Using PCL-CVS/CVS

From: Adam P.
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Using PCL-CVS/CVS
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:36:03 +0200

"Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> writes:

> I type M-x cvs-change-cvsroot, and NTEmacs states that there is no match.

Works fine for me, but only when I load pcvs first (or do M-x
cvs-status, or something like that).  I checked that with two
configurations:

GNU Emacs 21.2, Debian Woody (Linux) and
GNU Emacs 21.1 precompiled for win32, Windows 98.

In both cases I use the pcvs library included in these Emacs
distributions and I don't have any pcvs-specific customization around.

> Along the same lines, when I type
>
>     M-x cvs-update
>
> I see that pcvs.* is being loaded, which I'm assuming is the old PCL-CVS
> lisp code, I get the following backtrace:

Pcvs included in GNU Emacs 21.1 actually seems newer than the pcl-cvs
libraries that I found on the net.  Might it be that you have old
pcl-cvs libraries hanging around and conflicting with those in Emacs
distribution?  Just a shot in the dark, I am afraid.

   Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...