Re: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question

From: Paul Whitfield
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide / Emacs from Bash Question
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:14:50 +0800

Stephen Leake wrote:
Paul Whitfield <address@hidden> writes:

One think I find is that If I every run emacs (well actually
gnuclientw.exe) from the bash prompt it does weird things
to my environment. The cygwin environment screws up my
normal emacs environment.

You've got things backwards; you're supposed to start Emacs every
morning, and never leave it. Only run bash from Emacs :).

Well... I start emacs in the morning... but I do sometimes start
bash from windows and then use gnuclientw.exe from the bash
command line to load a file.

At his point my emacs environment goes *sploo-ee*

That's what I do. I set _all_ my environment variables, and path, in
.emacs. Actually, I have several small snippets of elisp that let me
change the environment variables for different projects. Easier than
maintaining bash scripts or using the control panel.

I don't think this will solve my problem as it is AFTER I have
started emacs

Paul