[h-e-w] vc-vss.el (was gnuclient discussion)

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [h-e-w] vc-vss.el (was gnuclient discussion)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:53:28 +0100

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Robert Marshall wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Robert Marshall stated:
>>
>> Hmm, I see it opens a file with the same name as the file you're
>> wanting to check out but in the VSS temp directory with the
>> exciting contents:
>>
>> "Enter a comment; then save and exit."
>>
>> I got this behaviour by doing
>> ss checkout -C -I- filename
>>
>> Looks like a bug in VSS rather than a feature?
>> Even adding -O- as a flag won't shut it up!
>>
> The fix would appear to be, hand edit the ss.ini file and insert a
> line
>
> Comment_Editor =
>
> Will add that to the vc-vss.el documentation

I've just uploaded a new version at
http://www.chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk/elisp/vc-vss.el

this:
     o fixes various bugs
     o has an initial buggy (?) implementation of vc-vss-dir-state.
     o A new variable vc-trust-mssccprj, setting that variable to t
       (the default) means that if the file mssccprj.scc does not
       exist then the directory is deemed not to be under source-safe
       control
     o Also documents that: If you use the editor setting to view
       files under vss, you will need to hand edit your ss.ini file
       inserting a line reading
       Comment_Editor =
       otherwise your editor will startup containing a file
            Enter a comment; then save and exit.
      whenever you check something out (or worse lock up emacs)!

Robert Marshall