RE: [h-e-w] optimal directory structure?

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] optimal directory structure?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:53:40 -0400

I tend to install everything under C:\Emacs ... so currently i have
C:\Emacs\emacs-21.2 where the current distribution sits, and then have
c:\Emacs\site-lisp for all my local lisp stuff. This makes it easy to
upgrade and have multiple versions of emacs eg. c:\Emacs\emacs-21.1 and
c:\Emacs\emacs-21.2 etc etc using the same local lisp. To add a directory to
your load path, stick the following sort of thing in your .emacs

(setq load-path (append (list "c:/emacs/site-lisp/") load-path)

This won't recurse directories though, so you need to add each one below
site-lisp yourself.

jonathan.