RE: [h-e-w] Global search/replace across files?

From: Neil Gow
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Global search/replace across files?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:25:06 +0100

If you do not want to use Dired then you could try looking at 'globrep.el',
this allows you to use the results of a grep-find, change the found data
using 'replace-string' etc.. and then put the data back (globrep.el provides
the functions to put the changed data back).

I use it a lot and although it does have some quirks, it works very well and
intuitively.

Neil