Re: [h-e-w] informations

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] informations
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:28:36 +0100

You must be running a seriously out-of-date version, because I don't think emacs.bat has shipped with NTEmacs for a long time.  (I can't find a copy on my system.)  So I suggest you install the current version, which is 21.2.  After you have installed it, run addpm, which is in the bin directory.  That will install a Start menu shortcut, which is the way I recommend to start Emacs.  Alternatively, you can start Emacs by executing the program runemacs, which is also in the bin directory.  You don't absolutely need any special configuration to get started, although JDE might well need some.  (I don't use it.)

Francis