RE: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-

From: David Starks-Browning
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] How do I make Emacs use the Cygwin BASH shell with the "Esc-x shell"feature?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:21:47 +0100

On Wednesday 19 Jun 02, Sprenger, Karel writes:
> Hi,
>
> The setup given in the cygwin FAQ
> (http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC63) seems OK, but no mention is
> made of cygwin-mount.el (written by Klaus Berndl <address@hidden>).

It's described and a link is provided in the next Cygwin FAQ entry "Is
there a Cygwin port of GNU Emacs?" (A: No, there isn't).

> This nifty gadget allows NTemacs to grok cygwin mounts, so finding
> the file "/usr/info/dir" will let NTemacs open up
> "c:/cygwin/usr/info/dir" (at least when c:/cygwin is where you
> installed cygwn).

Yes, it's good stuff.

> The latest version may be found at
> http://paddington.ic.uva.nl/public/cygwin-mount.el).

No, that's not the latest version.  The latest version can be found at
<http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/index.html>.  That's the location
Klaus Berndl gave me, and that what I have in the Cygwin FAQ.

Cheers,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)