Re: [h-e-w] problems compiling html-helper-mode

From: Max Mazza
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] problems compiling html-helper-mode
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:35:05 +0200

Chris Lott wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Max Mazza wrote:
>
> > When I try to compile the html-helper-mode.el file. i obtain the
> > following:
>
> I don't think these are a problem... basically these variables are not
> yet known to emacs but become known when the modes are invoked, so it
> works just fine. At least that is my layman's understanding of it. I
> get similar messages on compilation but the compilation does complete
> and the modes work just fine...

> --
> Chris Lott

no, because when I invoke the mode, the poor basic html coloring present
by default
in my ntemacs disappeared...I see all the code lines in the same ugly
color...
I've added those lines to my .emacs file to invoke html-helper-mode:

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.html$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.htm$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode-alist))

I'ts correct, or I've missed something?

Max Mazza