[h-e-w] How to use openssh with Emacs "eshell" on Windows

From: Kedar Patil
Subject: [h-e-w] How to use openssh with Emacs "eshell" on Windows
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:04:29 -0500

Hi,

I use eshell (command : M-x eshell) on windows'2k emacs [version 21.2.1
(i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2002-03-19].

I want to connect to a linux machine with openssh.

I have openssh that works from dos command prompt. (I have provided for authorized
key in the linux server, so passwrod is not asked interactively).

==================================
C:\Program Files\NetworkSimplicity\ssh>ssh linux-server
Linux linux-server 2.4.18-686 #1 Sun Apr 14 11:32:47 EST 2002 i686 unknown

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Fri Jun 28 20:31:02 2002 from xxx
address@hidden:~$

But with Emacs eshell I get foll. error and nothing happens :

c:/Program Files/NetworkSimplicity/ssh $ ./ssh linux-server
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.

I have tried all the tricks that I found on web, but nothing succeeds.
Can somebody help me on this?

thanks,
= Kedar =