RE: [h-e-w] problem with save-excursion

From: Mike Krell
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] problem with save-excursion
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm.  Based on this info, I tried the following, but still with no luck :-(

  Mike

(defun perl-replace-buffer ()
  "Apply perl command to buffer"
  (interactive)
  (let ((deactivate-mark nil))
    (save-excursion
      (mark-whole-buffer)
      (let ((start (region-beginning))
            (end   (region-end)))
        (shell-command-on-region start end
           (read-from-minibuffer "Command: " '("perl -pe \"\"" . 11 ))
           )
        )
      )
    )