[h-e-w] RE: Traditional find-file vs. file open dialog?

From: Geert Ribbers
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: Traditional find-file vs. file open dialog?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:47:18 +0200

Hi.

The default behavior of emacs 21 is to get windows-file-dialogs when you use
the mouse and minibuffer-dialogs when you use the keyboard.
But you can change that with the custom-variable use-dialog-box:

"use-dialog-box's value is t

Documentation:
*Non-nil means mouse commands use dialog boxes to ask questions.
This applies to y-or-n and yes-or-no questions asked by commands
invoked by mouse clicks and mouse menu items.

You can customize this variable."

Regards, Geert Ribbers