RE: [h-e-w] RE: Traditional find-file vs. file open dialog?

From: Geert Ribbers
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] RE: Traditional find-file vs. file open dialog?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:11:39 +0200

Yeah, right.
Well, the news states:

"** File selection dialog on MS-Windows is supported.

When a file is visited by clicking File->Open, the MS-Windows version
now pops up a standard file selection dialog where you can select a
file to visit.  File->Save As also pops up that dialog.
"
It doesn't say anything about customizing it.
It looks like you'll have to use C-x C-f.
It would be nice to have a switch for this behaviour or functions like
(funcall-keyboard) or (funcall-mouse) so you can change the default in your
own programs if you have good reasons to do that.

Regards, Geert