RE: [h-e-w] Printing to a print server

From: andrew . maguire
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Printing to a print server
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:16:31 -0400

I set the following:

(setq lpr-command "")
(setq lpr-switches nil)
(setq printer-name "\\\\UNC\\PRINTER NAME")

By setting lpr-command to "", the Emacs internal code on Windows,
will, I believe, be forced to use the DOS print command. I then use
backslashes in the printer-name so that I do not have to rely on automatic
conversion.

Note that printer-name can include spaces which is often just as well!

Andrew