RE: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs

From: TSchutzerWeissmann
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] utf-16 on NT Emacs
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:06:04 +0100

Raif

> Are you able to read the schedule-service log
> (%SystemRoot%\SchedLgU.txt) on
> WinNT/Win2K/WinXP using this method?  I've been looking for a
> coding system
> that works for this file but I haven't been able to find one.
>  Perhaps this
> would do the trick.... (???)

yup, it works fine.
I got Mule-UCS from ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/Mule-UCS/,
and now include (load-library "un-define") in my .emacs.
It's very slow, though, and the fix I saw in
http://www.khngai.com/emacs/chinese.php is no longer a
.diff but a .deb, so you need Debian to make sense of it - not
much use (yet. Debian looks very tempting).

cheers,
Tom