Re: [h-e-w] Printing with V20.7

From: Michael W Daniels
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing with V20.7
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:58:41 -0400

>I am running emacs 20.7 under Windows 98.  lpr-command
>is a null string.  printer-name had been "PRN".
>Changing that to "LPT1" produces an error.  Changing
>it to "LPT1:" returns the symptoms to those with
>"PRN".  The new printer is the default printer.  The
>drivers for the old printer remain present, but the
>device is not connected.

What happens if you type

type filename.txt > prn

at a Command prompt?

I had a situation where this worked, but printing from emacs didn't. So I just wrote a batch file that contained

type %1 > prn

and told emacs to print through that.

--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
address@hidden |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal