Re: [h-e-w] JSP mode

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] JSP mode
Date: 12 Sep 2002 20:39:17 -0700

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend a package that
> supports jsp-editing, with syntax coloring and indentation.  Is there
> such a package out there that works? If so, where can I find it?
> Including instructions on how to get it to work.

There is mmm-mode which has a file called, sample.el that has the
entries for jsp-mode.  I believe the major-mode is html-helper (or
something like it) and then you stick the following in your .emacs.

        (mmm-add-group 'jsp
         `((jsp-code
            :submode java
            :match-face (("<%!" . mmm-declaration-submode-face)
                         ("<%=" . mmm-output-submode-face)
                         ("<%"  . mmm-code-submode-face))
            :front "<%[!=]?"
            :back "%>"
            :insert ((?% jsp-code nil @ "<%" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
                     (?! jsp-declaration nil @ "<%!" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
                     (?= jsp-expression nil @ "<%=" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @))
            )
           (jsp-directive
            :submode text-mode
            :face mmm-special-submode-face
            :front "<%@"
            :back "%>"
            :insert ((?@ jsp-directive nil @ "<%@" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @))
            )))

The mmm-mode can be found by browsing the mother of all ".els",
http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html which will take you to
http://mmm-mode.sourceforge.net/

Let us know how it works out.