Re: [h-e-w] Adding to ps-print-hook problems

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Adding to ps-print-hook problems
Date: 16 Sep 2002 14:20:24 -0500

On Monday, September 16, "Jeff Rancier" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi all.  I wanted to create a simple function to prompt me for the n-up
>number of pages to print when I run the function,
>ps-print-buffer-with-faces.  Here's what I came up with:

>(defun jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook (number-of-pages)
>  (interactive "nN-up number of pages: ")
>  (setq ps-n-up-printing number-of-pages))

>(add-hook 'ps-print-hook 'jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook)

I think the problem is that you are _not_ invoking it
interactively, so the interaction does not work right.
I'd suggest dropping the call to "interactive", using
the "message" function for the prompt, and explicitly
reading input.  You could also write your own function
to substitute for (whichever) ps-print and it could be
interactive.

Regard,
  David V.