RE: [h-e-w] W3 help

From: Sprenger, Karel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] W3 help
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:14:13 +0200

Hi,

The file at ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/emacs-w3/w3.tar.gz currently contains w3-4.0pre.47 that should run with emacs 21.  However, I can't get it to work on my W2K machine: I get the dreaded error message "Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil" from font-spatial-to-canonical.  As far as I can see the w3 code doesn't know a thing about the device it is working on and returns nil for a font size.  Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
Karel