[h-e-w] gnuserv/gnuclient configuration

From: Eli Daniel
Subject: [h-e-w] gnuserv/gnuclient configuration
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:48:22 -0400

I'm using emacs 21.1 on Windows 2K Pro.  I'm just switching to a new
computer, which has a copy of my old disk, but none of the registry
settings and such.

My problem is that gnuserv/gnuclient has stopped working for me.  If
emacs is not running and I do gnuclientw somefile.txt, sure enough,
emacs launches with a buffer containing the right file.  But, if emacs
is already running, gnuclientw never terminates (though control does
come back to the terminal), and nothing ever comes up in emacs.

Can anyone think of how to diagnose what's wrong?  I imagine it's
probably that I'm missing some environment variable or something like
that.  Both emacs and gnuclientw are in my path.  Gnuserv appears to
start successfully.  I ran addpm.  I'm at a loss here...

If anyone has suggestions, please copy me directly (at
address@hidden) as well as sending them to the list.  I'm subscribed
with my home email address, and another consequence of this computer
switch is that I'm not yet set up to read my home email account from
work.

Thanks,

-Eli Daniel