[h-e-w] Calc is broken

From: Mills Thomas (app1tam)
Subject: [h-e-w] Calc is broken
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:51:58 -0400

I'm using the latest NT-Emacs distro on Win2K and calc has gone ill.  It
will start its calc mode, but when I enter the first number (single digit)
it drops down to the mini-buffer with the "Calc:" prompt and the message
"[Bad Format]".  It won't let me enter anything at that but without beeping
and repeating the same message.

I searched the most recent archives for 'calc' but didn't find anything.
(BTW, is there a search mechanism for these archives?).

TIA,

Drew