[h-e-w] info reader broken

From: Harrison Thomas
Subject: [h-e-w] info reader broken
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:31:52 -0700

Hello all
        Another probably simple minded newbie question:
My info reader inside of emacs was working fine, I added this line to my
_emacs:

;; including the info files:
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "d:/emacs/site-lisp/calc/info/")

It inserted the calc node at the top of the node listings in info but now
right-click on a topic does nothing!

I extracted the line from the end of another .el that I had just
successfully added to my _emacs (the .el not the line):

;; including the info files:
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "d:/emacs/site-lisp/csound-x/")
;;<- the info files were inside prog dir here

and that worked just fine,e.g. inserted the csound-x node at the top of the
info node list and right click worked on both it and other nodes.

The only difference apparent to me is the csound-x line was in a .el, and
the calc line was directly entered in _emacs. I commented out the line in
_emacs and the calc node didn't appear any more, but right click still
doesn't work.

Should I recompile /lisp/info.el?? What happened??

Any help would be appreciated.

Learning emacs has been a very good experience for me. I've integrated it
into my work environment, and every little problem just makes my
understanding of the system deeper.

thanks again

Harrison

NTEmacs on Win98se