Re: [h-e-w] win2k non-stop retries to create directory on c:/.emacs.d

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] win2k non-stop retries to create directory on c:/.emacs.d
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:06:08 +0100

If you want home to be the root of a drive then it should work to specify it
as d:\. (or maybe d:/.).  That used to work for me, although nowadays under
Win XP I'm trying to be a bit more disciplined and keep "my" files in my
user directory.  Also, I think the ange-ftp bug you refer to might have been
fixed, but I'm not certain.

Francis