RE: [h-e-w] jittery scrollbar

From: Longmire, Ernie
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] jittery scrollbar
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:33:15 -0700

I don't see the jittering scrollbar (NT4SP6, Logitech Trackman Marble FX)
but I have noticed strange behavior when the scrollbar nears the bottom of
the frame.  For example, the scrollbar can't be moved to the absolute bottom
of its range -- when it's dragged to the bottom and released, it moves up a
few pixels again.  After that, each time you click the downarrow the buffer
moves up a line in the frame and handle of the scrollbar shrinks (until you
run out of lines in the buffer), but there's always a few pixels between the
handle and the downarrow widget.  Also, when you drag the handle to the
bottom and then click anywhere on the handle itself, the buffer scrolls *up*
a line and the handle moves up the scrollbar...

--
Ernie Longmire
Charles Schwab & Co.

WARNING: All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Charles
Schwab & Co.,  Inc. corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.