RE: [h-e-w] Re: isearch-regexp-in-all-matching-files-in-tree?

From: Dalton, Barnaby
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Re: isearch-regexp-in-all-matching-files-in-tree?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:21:03 +0100

To rename files I use a perl script 'rename' from the perl cookbook
http://www.linuxchix.org/pipermail/techtalk/2001-October/012104.html

To replace stuff in files have a look at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SearchAndReplaceAcrossMultipleFiles
. I use grep-x which does what you asked with the grep buffer but there are
other options documented here as well.

Barney

address@hidden

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses known at the time of sending.

www.radioscape.com