RE: [h-e-w] ps-print duplex printing?

From: Sprenger, Karel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] ps-print duplex printing?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:07:44 +0100

Hi,

Have you tried setting ps-spool-duplex to t?  Here's what the documentation
says:

-----8<-----
*Non-nil generates PostScript for a two-sided printer.
For a duplex printer, the `ps-spool-*' and `ps-print-*' commands will insert
blank pages as needed between print jobs so that the next buffer printed will
start on the right page.  Also, if headers are turned on, the headers will be
reversed on duplex printers so that the page numbers fall to the left on
even-numbered pages.

See also `ps-spool-tumble'.

You can customize this variable.

Defined in `ps-print'.

For me this works on Postscript printers (currently a Xerox Document Centre
230) from ntemacs 21.2.1 ("GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of
2002-03-19 on buffy" according to emacs-version) under W2K.  You could also
try letting ghostscript handle the printing.  I haven't tried that (except by
opening the postscript file in gsview and print from there).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Karel