Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] using emacs with mutt mail reader via gnuclientw
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:22:41 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:38:42AM -0600, Grissom, Ed wrote:
> In a previous message, David said:
> > On Wednesday, November 20, "Charles Curley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >There may be a command line switch for gnuclient to
> > >cause it to block (hence blocking mutt) until you
> > >finish with the email in the emacs buffer.
> >
> > Actually, I believe this is the default and that you
> > must use the -q switch to suppress the behavior.
>
> David is correct, but other respondents mixed references to gnuclient and
> gnuclientw.
>
> Just to clarify any confusion that might exist:
>
>  gnuclient.exe - automatically waits for you to finish with the buffer
> (snyc)
>  gnuclientw.exe - instantly returns after loading the buffer (async)
>
> Using the -q switch for gnuclient makes it behave like gnuclientw (although
> the original poster would NOT want this behavior)
>
> At least this is the way it works on my machine.

Thanks for *all* the responses thus far.  I was not able to find any
documentation for gnuserv/gnuclient(w), either on my system or on the
Web.  This last suggestion of using gnuclient (no 'w') seems to have
solve my synchrony problem.

I would still like to be able to automatically set message-mode or
mail-mode, enable flyspell, etc. when editing these messages.  Is
there some information on gnudoit somewhere?

Thanks!

-pd

--
--------