[h-e-w] Problems using Windows Emacs 21.2 to access UNIX remo te files

From: Dolique, Alexandre
Subject: [h-e-w] Problems using Windows Emacs 21.2 to access UNIX remo te files through ftp
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:01:04 -0000

Good afternoon,
It occurs that when I'm trying to write into a remote file (on a UNIX machine), even though the mode is set to "-(Unix)", the letters I am writing are each written on a separate line (after writing a letter, the next I am writing goes to the following line). It sometimes seems that one of 2 letters are displayed while the one in the middle is sort of "replaced" by the line-feed.

When pressing ENTER, the word actually forms itself onto one line with all letters displayed onto the first line correctly.

It seems to occur when Emacs hasn't identified the type of file to be like Perl, Shell-Script...

Do you believe this has anything to do with the DOS / UNIX mode differences?

Thank you all very much for your help.

Regards,

ALEXANDRE DOLIQUE

.