[h-e-w] ispell problem solved

From: Ray Rizzuto
Subject: [h-e-w] ispell problem solved
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:41:48 -0500

Hi!

I was having problems with flyspell and ispell modes at work after
installing cygwin 1.3.17, cygwin version of ispell 3.1.20 and emacs 21.2 on
a win2k box.  I'd always get an error message from ispell that it couldn't
fine /usr/local/lib/american.hash.

I found that the problem is that cygwin had c:\cygwin mounted as /, but I
had ispell installed in c:\usr\local...  I fixed my problem by remounting
c:\ as /, but a better way might be to install ispell under the cygwin
directory tree.

Hope that helps anyone who also runs into this problem!

Ray