[h-e-w] Building native windows ntemacs using cygwin tools

From: Underwood, Jonathan
Subject: [h-e-w] Building native windows ntemacs using cygwin tools
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:11:31 -0500

Hi

As far as my understanding goes, ntemacs currently can't be built using the
cygwin tools because the cygwin version of make produces cygwin style paths,
which means that a make bootstrap will fail as the dumped emacs expects
windows style paths (I'm not 100 percent sure this is the reason - please
correct me if 'm wrong). It occured to me that by using the cygpath utility
included with the cygwin suite, which converts to and from windows paths,
this problem is dealable with - see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#CYGPATH
for more info. This would then allow a better integration with the emacs
distribution, since now a conventional configure script could be used for
generating the makefile etc. Before I actually looked into this, I though
I'd post this message to make sure I understand the problem correctly :)

Regards,

Jonathan.
Dr. Jonathan Underwood

Femtosecond Science Research Program
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
National Research Council of Canada
Room 2083
100 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6.